Why buy from the RSPB?
Welcome to the RSPB online shop
It’s packed with great products for all the family. Whether you want to feed your garden birds, look after wildlife, buy a gift for a loved-one or treat yourself to some tasty organic RSPB chocolate – you’ll find everything you need right here.
But why should you buy from the RSPB?
Because we spend 90% of net income on conservation, public education and advocacy in the UK and around the world.
It’s that simple – and we couldn’t do it without you.
Thank you for shopping with us.
Shop with us because...
- You care about birds, wildlife and the environment.
- Every time you buy products from our catalogue, website or shops you are helping birds and wildlife.
- We offer a great range of high-quality, environmentally friendly products.
- All of our bird food and bird care products, such as feeders and nest boxes, have been rigorously tested to ensure
that they are free of harmful chemicals and toxins and are as safe and beneficial to birds and wildlife as possible.
- Postage and packing is only £3.95 per order and is free if you order only virtual gifts and/or gift membership or if
you spend more than £50.
- Wherever possible we sell products manufactured in the UK or EU, which means less transportation and less pollution.
- Our products are selected with care for quality, value for money and to ensure a limited impact on the environment.
- Telephone ordering and assistance is available from our customer service team from 8 am to 8 pm, seven days a week.
- You receive great quality products you can trust, and even more money goes to helping birds and wildlife.
- You're protected by our no-quibble, 90-day returns policy. And you can return to an RSPB shop if this is more convenient for you.
- Ordering via the website is safe and secure.
- All timber in products sold by the RSPB is FSC® certified timber.
Making every penny count - where we spend the money
Lakenheath Fen - together we've turned carrots into cranes!
From carrot fields, via hard-working volunteers planting thousands of reeds to a beautiful wetland habitat. Photos Andy Hay (rspb-images.com)
Before 1995 our Lakenheath Fen reserve was mostly carrot fields, but with your support we have been able to restore it, creating a massive 200 hectares of wonderful wetland habitat, teeming with life.
You've helped us move a lot of earth and get muddy planting 300,000 reeds by hand, and now all kinds of wildlife are returning to this special place, including bitterns, bearded tits, reed warblers and marsh harriers. Brilliant, isn't it?
Bearded tit by Mike Richards (rspb-images.com) Reed warbler by John Bridges (rspb-images.com)
And did we mention the cranes?
After being extinct in most parts of the UK for 400 years, cranes have started to nest and breed at Lakenheath Fen. Since 2007, two pairs have taken a liking to the reserve and in both 2009 and 2010, a chick hatched and fledged.
This is fantastic for conservation, as well as the cranes, so thank you. We hope Lakenheath Fen will continue to be a regular nest site for these amazing (and huge) birds in the future.
You see, your support helps to make great things possible.
Crane chick by Nick Upton (rspb-images.com)
You help us to fund thousands of other conservation projects too. Here's just a few examples:
- Protecting tigers in a Sumatran rainforest
- Restoring grasslands in Wiltshire
- Saving albatrosses in the South Atlantic
- Re-introducing red kites to Aberdeenshire
- Preserving the UK's uplands
- Re-wetting damaged peatlands in Belarus