Protect smaller birds from predators in this safe haven, designed to cover food on the ground for birds.
We recommend you place this sanctuary over a specially designed ground feeding table, such as our RSPB Ground feeding table.
This sanctuary allows you to adjust the mesh width on the sides to decide who's allowed in: just small birds, or small and medium birds, but not larger birds (such as pigeons) and most adult squirrels. Product images may therefore differ, depending on the mesh width set when the picture was taken.
The pitched roof allows for a coconut shell treat or small feeder (neither included) to be hung above a ground feeding table (such as the RSPB Ground-feeding table, not included).
Place out in the open, away from shrubs where predators could ambush birds.
If you have hedgehogs in your garden please consider removing the ground protector at night, or lifting it off the ground at one edge. It's very unlikely, but possible that they may try to get inside and get stuck.
- Opens easily for cleaning and refilling
- Light enough to simply lift off to refill or reposition
- Made from powder-coated steel
- Supplied with pegs to secure to the ground
- Type of bird
- Coal tit
- Blue tit
- Great tit
- House sparrow
- Long-tailed tit
- Width 49 cm Depth 48 cm Height 53 cm
Average Customer Reviews
Age: 35 - 44
- Free UK delivery for orders of £50 or more (or £3.95)*
- Please allow 3-5 working days for in stock items to be delivered
See our delivery and returns page for full details.