Discover the fascinating world of bats with a Magenta bat detector. Bat calls are ultrasonic sounds, too high for humans to hear.
Great for beginners, this heterodyne bat detector converts ultrasonic bat calls into sounds audible to humans, allowing you to hear and identify these fascinating creatures when they are flying nearby. Converts bats' inaudible ultrasonic sounds to frequencies in the range of human hearing.
The Magenta Bat 4 digital bat detector has a large frequency range of 15 kHz to 130 kHz.
- Custom moulded case with compact design
- Weatherproof low distortion Mylar loudspeaker
- Specially contoured microphone housing for enhanced high frequency sensitivity
- Uses 4 AAA Alkaline, NiCd, or NiMH rechargeable cells (not supplied)
- Long battery life
- Large diameter frequency dial
- Conveniently placed output sockets on the bottom edge of the case
- Constant level recorder output socket
- Headphone socket which automatically mutes loudspeaker
- Bright LED torch built-in
- Edgewise volume and frequency controls for easy operation with one hand
- Wrist strap for added security and convenience when taking notes
- Designed in Denmark and made in England by Magenta
- Full instructions included
- 2-year standard guarantee
We also have the Magenta 5 bat detector available.
Average Customer Reviews
Age: 25 - 34
- Free UK delivery for orders of £50 or more (or £3.95)*
- Please allow 3-5 working days for in stock items to be delivered
See our delivery and returns page for full details.