RSPB Best for bees wildflower seed pack
Seed packs - 2 for £10
SPECIAL OFFER - Buy 2 and save
Add two promotional Seed packs to your shopping basket and the discount will be applied automatically.
We all know how important bees are to our eco-system. Even giving over a small area of your garden to wildflower seeds can make a massive difference to the prospects for our buzzy friends.Read full information
FREE UK delivery with orders over £50
We all know how important bees are to our eco-system. Even giving over a small area of your garden to wildflower seeds can make a massive difference to the prospects for our buzzy friends.
Adrian Thomas, our own resident garden expert, helped compose this mix of annual flowers. “These are flowers I grow every year because they are some of the very best for attracting bees, plus they are easy to grow,” he says.
“The flowers are not only great for bees but will add loads of colour to your garden. Bees prefer blue flowers, so the phacelia, borage, echium and cornflower are a vibrant mix of blues, spiced up with rich-red common poppies.”
Sow the seeds evenly over a sunny area of your garden that you have dug over, raked and weeded. This pack will cover an area of about five square metres so if your patch is smaller, decrease the sowing rate accordingly.
After sowing, lightly tread or roll the seed area to ensure the seed is in good contact with the soil, and keep it watered until the plants are established. Allow the flowers to bloom and release their seeds back into the soil. Cut them down to the ground as the plants die off, and remove the cuttings, placing them onto the compost heap or into your green bin.
- Plant outdoors between March and May or August and October.
- Plants will flower between May and September.
- All seeds grown in the UK.
- Annual seeds.
- This 5g pack will cover approximately five square metres of ground.
- The plants will grow up to 1.2 metres tall in very rich soil, but in most gardens will grow to about knee height.
- Fully recyclable paper packaging, printed with vegetable based inks.
- Seeds grown without any pesticides.
- If you want to grow this mix again in the same patch next year, just cultivate the ground in the same way, removing any weeds, before sowing a fresh packet.
Typical content: 30% cornflower, 30% phacelia tanacetifolia, 20% borage, 10% echium 'blue bedder', 10% poppy.*
*Contents may vary.
- FSC® certified card
Average Customer Reviews
- Free UK delivery for orders of £50 or more (or £3.95)*
- Please allow 3-5 working days for in stock items to be delivered
See our delivery and returns page for full details.