The only cat deterrent tested and approved by the RSPB!
CATWatch, the UK's leading cat deterrent manufactured in the UK, has successfully completed a two-year scientific trial conducted by the RSPB to determine its deterrent effect on cats in residential gardens. The results are published in the Applied Animal Behaviour Science Journal after peer review.
The research concluded that CATWatch reduces cat intrusions into gardens. The longer the unit is in place, the more effective it is.
- Weather resistant.
- Approved by the RSPB.
- Two-year manufacturer's warranty.
- Unit 14.5 cm tall (with 16.6 cm ground spike).
- Supplied with a comprehensive instruction booklet with diagrams.
- Passive infra-red sensor detects body movement and heat.
- Electronic micro-circuitry and computer controlled microchip activates signal as cat enters protected area & switches off as the animal leaves.
- High quality speaker emits series of modulating ultrasound frequencies 20-24 kHz repellent to cats.
- On/off switch plus red led light.
- Positioning stake.
- Secure all weather high impact casing.
- Progressively reduces cat intrusions within your garden.
- Requires mains 12-volt adaptor (available separately) or one 9-volt alkaline battery (not supplied).
How to deter cats with CATWatch
Push the Catwatch ultrasonic cat deterrent into the ground, and when the sensor detects movement it emits a high-pitched sound disliked by most cats (but inaudible to humans). The frequency emitted is unique to cats hearing range, so the Catwatch won't bother other garden wildlife, such as hedgehogs.
Some cats will see the device as a challenge initially, and it may take up to four weeks to put them off coming into your garden.
Many people find cat-fouling a nuisance. This device is proven to reduce the presence of cats in gardens and the deterrent effect increases over time.
- Pair with the mains adaptor for best volume strength and 'set and forget' convenience.
We would recommend powering this product with the CATwatch cat deterrent mains adaptor, available to purchase together (CATwatch cat deterrent with mains adapter) with a £3 saving, or separately (CATwatch cat deterrent mains adapter). The mains adapter is a more environmentally friendly option, and better value for money for long term use.
Alternatively, this product takes 1 x Duracell 9V alkaline battery (battery not included).
If using batteries
- Always use Duracell 9V batteries (MN1604)
- Do not use out of date or rechargeable batteries.
- Use only Duracell alkaline batteries; the use of other batteries will invalidate the warranty.
Average Customer Reviews
Age: 55 - 64
I used a brand new Duracell battery, which has now exhausted itself, so if the batteries only last 3-4 weeks, this is going to get expensive if rechargeable batteries are not suitable?
Watching our Hunter Wildlife camera, we can see the infrared light on the unit come on as the cat/s come into view, and calmly sit less than a meter away from the [scarer] eating the food we put out!
I’m going to give it another 3 weeks with another new battery, if nothing changes, then unfortunately it will be sent back.
Thank you for your feedback. Batteries should last 2-3 months, this may vary depending on the cat traffic as the units are activated by the movement of body heat.
Age: 55 - 64
My garden. I’m incredibly impressed by concept research and their repair skills and not adding more plastic to landfill n saving money. Alongside the fact that I find this the only cat deterrent that has ever worked in my garden. Thank you Concept Reseach for a brilliant service.
Although the product information says that the sound is inaudible to humans, I can hear it for 95% of the time and so have to turn it off when I am working in the garden.
I would recommend this product.
- Free UK delivery for orders of £50 or more (or £3.95)*
- Please allow 3-5 working days for in stock items to be delivered
See our delivery and returns page for full details.
Stop worrying about batteries, ensure full power and save £3 when you buy the RSPB-tested CATwatch cat deterrent with the mains adaptor (also available separately).