Sumatran tigers pressie that protects
- Product information
This pressie that protects will help Sumatran tigers and their home Harapan rainforest
Here's how your gift works:
- Your donation goes directly towards supporting and protecting the Harapan rainforest
- Choose whether to add a £5 RSPB gift card to spend online or in any RSPB shop by adding your desired option to the basket.
- Add your personal message below (not available on mobile, sorry)
- Your message will be printed on a special greeting card which features information on the worthwhile cause. The greeting card will then be sent wherever you want.
- If you are sending multiple pressies that protect direct to your friends & family you will need to place each order separately, putting the recipients address in the ‘delivery address’ section when you checkout.
- Delivery is free on pressies that protect. You only pay p&p on other items that you order at the same time.
- Order before 1 pm and we'll do our best to get the card printed and dispatched via first class post the same day, but please allow 3-4 working days.
For more information on how pressies that protect work click here
Less than 400 Indonesian tigers are left in the wild!
Sumatran tigers are some of the most magnificent creatures on the planet. But they're also one of the most endangered. Hunted by poachers and made homeless by rainforest destruction, Sumatran tigers have been pushed close to extinction. It was classified as critically endangered by IUCN in 2008.
Sumatran tigers are the smallest surviving tiger subspecies and are distinguished by heavy black stripes on their orange coats. They are protected by Indonesian Law, with tough punishments, however a healthy market still remains in Indonesia and the rest of Asia for tiger parts and products.
Life does not look rosy for the Sumatran tiger, but there is a glimmer of hope!
Harapan Rainforest is one of those remaining patches of forest where tigers are still found. Surrounded on all sides by agricultural plantations of rubber, acacia, and oil palm, Harapan is an island of forest, the only remaining refuge for threatened wildlife in the local area. A programme of camera trapping which started in 2009 has identified 22 individual tigers within Harapan and evidence of at least two females pictured with their cubs!
This pressie that protects will help save Sumatran tigers by helping us protect and look after Harapan Rainforest.
A little something for you,
a whole lot for nature.
Shopping with the RSPB helps save nature and wildlife
People who bought this also bought...
Excl. Tax: Incl. Tax:
Special Price: Excl. Tax: Incl. Tax:from