Seabird reserves pressie that protects
- Product information
This pressie that protects will protect vulnerable seabird nests
Here's how your gift works:
- Your donation goes directly towards looking after coastal RSPB nature reserves
- Choose whether to add a £5 RSPB gift card to spend online or in any RSPB shop by adding your desired option to the basket.
- Add your personal message below (not available on mobile, sorry).
- Your message will be printed on a special greeting card which features information on the worthwhile cause. The greeting card will then be sent wherever you want.
- If you are sending multiple pressies that protect direct to your friends & family you will need to place each order separately, putting the recipients address in the ‘delivery address’ section when you checkout.
- Delivery is free on pressies that protect. You only pay p&p on other items that you order at the same time.
- Order before 1 pm and we'll do our best to get the card printed and dispatched via first class post the same day, but please allow 3-4 working days.
For more information on how pressies that protect work click here
We’re managing UK wide recovery projects to secure the future of threatened seabirds.
Seabirds are one of the UK's most important group of birds. There are over eight million breeding seabirds of 25 different species in the UK. This includes globally important populations of some species, such as 80% of the world's Manx shearwaters. Seabirds need two things – a safe place to nest on land and places to find food at sea.
The RSPB and other conservation organisations have for many years protected and managed the places where seabirds breed on land. Seabirds generally nest in colonies on cliffs, offshore islands and beaches.
Perhaps the most beautiful of our breeding seabirds are the terns. There are 5 species of tern which grace our shores – of these the roseate tern and the little tern are the most threatened, and the RSPB is doing all it can to protect them.
Not surprisingly because of the massive increase in visitor pressure on our beaches during the summer, the number of little terns in the UK and the number of colonies have declined in the past 20 years. The colonies that remain require protection and management and in many cases RSPB and other conservation organisations such as National Trust and Wildlife Trusts have teams of wardens to look after the birds in the breeding season in Hampshire, Sussex, Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, Teesside, Cumbria and N Wales. Each one is supported by a dedicated band of site staff and volunteers who work tirelessly throughout the summer to give the terns the best chance of raising chicks and sustaining future generations of terns.
This pressie that protects will put people on beaches to guard vulnerable seabird nests round the clock. It will look after coastal RSPB nature reserves such as Coquet Island and it will help campaign for better protection for marine wildlife.
A little something for you,
a whole lot for nature.
- Delivery Returns
Standard delivery to the UK and Channel Islands is £3.95.
You'll only ever pay one delivery charge per order.
Delivery is FREE if your order sub-total is £75 or more.
Delivery is FREE if you order only Pressies that protect, RSPB gift cards and/or RSPB gift membership.
Next working day delivery is available for in-stock items ordered before 3pm to UK addresses - £5.95
Choose the day delivery is available for in-stock items to UK addresses - £5.95
(Items that can be personalised and products sent direct from the supplier are not available for next day or choose the day delivery. Some postcodes are also excluded.)
See our delivery and returns page for full details.
Shopping with the RSPB helps save nature and wildlife
People who bought this also bought...
Excl. Tax: Incl. Tax:
Special Price: Excl. Tax: Incl. Tax:from