Snettisham pressie that protects
- Product information
This pressie that protects will help rebuild Snettisham to its former glory
Here's how your gift works:
- Your donation goes directly towards rebuilding our Snettisham reserve
- Choose whether to add a £5 RSPB gift card to spend online or in any RSPB shop by adding your desired option to the basket.
- Add your personal message below (not available on mobile, sorry).
- Your message will be printed on a special greeting card which features information on the worthwhile cause. The greeting card will then be sent wherever you want.
- If you are sending multiple pressies that protect direct to your friends & family you will need to place each order separately, putting the recipients address in the ‘delivery address’ section when you checkout.
- Delivery is free on pressies that protect. You only pay p&p on other items that you order at the same time.
- Order before 1 pm and we'll do our best to get the card printed and dispatched via first class post the same day, but please allow 3-4 working days.
For more information on how pressies that protect work click here
Help us rebuild and restore the precious habitats at RSPB Snettisham!
There's nowhere quite like Snettisham. This place is famous for its huge high-tide flocks, when the approaching sea drives tens of thousands of wading birds up into view. Winter brings thousands of pink-footed geese to the reserve - their dusk and dawn flights inland to feed are an unforgettable sight and sound.
But right now, Snettisham is in trouble.
In December 2013, Norfolk was battered by the biggest storm surge in 60 years. Snettisham took the full brunt of the storm. The sea poured into the lagoons, washing away the wader nesting islands, and devastating the reserve.
Several months on, and the reserve is slowly starting to recover. Several breaches that the sea punched through into the lagoons have been repaired, new islands have been created to replace those washed away, rubbish brought in by the storm and smashed infrastructure has been partly cleared away, road access to the reserve has been re-instated, and one of the damaged hides has been stabilised, repaired and re-opened in April 2014.
Much remains to be done. Viewing facilities overlooking the main wader roosting area at the southern end of the lagoons will need to be replaced; the causeway across the lagoons which completed the circular footpath and was washed away, requires re-instatement; and the entire boardwalk needs to be re-built.
A little something for you,
a whole lot for nature.
- Delivery Returns
Standard delivery to the UK and Channel Islands is £3.95.
You'll only ever pay one delivery charge per order.
Delivery is FREE if your order sub-total is £75 or more.
Delivery is FREE if you order only Pressies that protect, RSPB gift cards and/or RSPB gift membership.
Next working day delivery is available for in-stock items ordered before 3pm to UK addresses - £5.95
Choose the day delivery is available for in-stock items to UK addresses - £5.95
(Items that can be personalised and products sent direct from the supplier are not available for next day or choose the day delivery. Some postcodes are also excluded.)
See our delivery and returns page for full details.
Shopping with the RSPB helps save nature and wildlife
People who bought this also bought...
Excl. Tax: Incl. Tax:
Special Price: Excl. Tax: Incl. Tax:from